Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I Want...

I know there are comments. And I love that some of you still take the time to leave me notes. Honestly, I'm on a good dose of sensory overload and I haven't read them all, but I will respond in some way. Eventually. I promise. Because I really do appreciate your words.


I want to know exactly how you like your coffee
the little things that piss you off
the moments that make you smile

I want to know what your favorite food is.
I want to know what your darkest fears are.
I want to feel
to see
to know
all of the things about you that you thought no one could ever fucking love
and love you anyways.

I want to know what wounded you and trace your scars 
I want to breathe with you
and float inside your mind
to follow the trails of your dreams through the rain
and watch the world go insane.

I want to know what your favorite smell is
what you think when you're not sleeping
the dreams you have of me
I want to know what your favorite tea is
to feel
to see
to know
all of the things about you that you thought no one could ever fucking love
and love you anyways.
I want to touch your soul
and know completely this feeling of being whole. 

6 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about your poetry. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your poetry.

    Your recent posts have been so raw I haven't known what to say to you. An offer of hugs and support would just have been lame and misplaced. I'm in awe of the depth of your pain and honesty, and if you can stand there in the midst of the blood and guts and show us that pain then I can do no less than bear witness to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lil, I do love your poetry too. I want to say ditto to what little monkey said. I haven't known what to say to your recent posts either but have been reading. I admire your honesty.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading. Even tho most times I don't know what to say. But I read. And I love doing so. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.